Simple Sweet Potato Curry
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Peeled and Cubed Sweet Potato – 1 1/2 cups
- Turmeric Powder – 1/8 tsp
- Oil/ Ghee – 1 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Lime – 1
To dry roast & grind:
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- White Sessame seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Dry coconut – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Urad dhal – 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 5
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Once the seeds pop, add rest of the seasoning ingredients and saute for few seconds in low flame.
- Then add sweet potatoes, turmeric powder and cook in medium flame till it turns soft.
- Now add the ground paste and mix well.
- Add little water (to get a semi-gravy consistency) and salt.
- Mix well and let it cook covered in low flame for 5 mins.
- Remove from flame and squeeze a lime before serving.
Simple Sweet Potato Curry is ready!
We enjoyed this as a side-dish for Usili. This also pairs well with Roti/ Poori/ Idiyaappam.