Methi Paneer Poha | Fenugreek Leaves and Fresh Paneer Flavored Flattened Rice
Ingredients: (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Poha/Flattened Rice – 2 1/2 cups (Rinse, drain and let it rest for 5 mins)
- Chopped Fenugreek leaves – 1 1/2 cups
- Fresh Paneer cubes – 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Green chilli – 1
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Heat ghee (or ghee with little Olive oil by warming ghee first) in a pan and add mustard seeds. Once the seeds pop, add cumin seeds, hing and saute in low flame for few seconds.
- Add the greens, green chilli and cook in medium flame till the fenugreek leaves turns bright green.
- Then add paneer, coriander powder, turmeric powder and sprinkle little water and saute till the raw smell of the spices goes off.
- Then add poha, salt, little water(just sprinkle) and mix well.
- Cook it covered in low flame for 5 mins by sprinkling little water occasionally.
- Serve it warm.
Quick and healthy Methi Paneer Poha is ready!
- Fenugreek Leaves aggravates Pitta but pacifies Vata and Kapha.
- Paneer pacifies Pitta and Vata but aggravates Kapha. Hence fenugreek leaves and paneer combination balances the dish.
- If having this dish for lunch, enjoy it with raitha. Else chutney will also pair well.