Makes: approx. 3 cups
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Peeled and Chopped Sugarcane – 4 cups
- Water – 2 cups
- Fresh ginger – 1″ piece
- Lime Juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Grind sugarcane pieces (in batches) with ginger and 2 cups of water, into a fine paste.
- Filter it using tea filter(by pressing gently) and add lime juice and salt and mix well.
- Enjoy it fresh!
Tasty Homemade Sugarcane juice is ready!
- Fresh sugarcane juice pacifies Vata and Pitta but aggravates Kapha.
- Juice quantity depends upon how fresh the sugarcane is.
- Chop sugarcane into small pieces to grind well.
- You can also filter using a thin cotton cloth(like how we do paneer) to squeeze more juice out of the ground sugarcane.