Makes: 2 small pizzas
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 1/4 cup
- Baking Powder (Aluminium-free) – 1/2 tsp
- Mixed Vegetables* – 1 cup (chopped)
- White Rice Flour – 1 tbsp
- Almond Flour – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Crushed Kasoori Methi/ Dried Fenugreek leaves – 1 tsp
- Cilantro – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Mint – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Homemade masala powder 2 – 1 tsp (or to taste)
- Shredded ginger – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Ghee – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- For the crust, mix whole wheat flour, baking powder, kasoori methi, salt, oil, enough water and make a soft dough and let it rest for 15 mins.
- Place an iron skillet in the oven and preheat it to 375F.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add rice flour and fry it in low-medium flame till the color changes to dull white.(Take care not to burn).
- Then add almond flour, 1 cup water and mix well to make a lump free sauce.
- Add turmeric powder, ginger, masala powder, cilantro, mint, mixed vegetable, salt and mix well.
- Cook in medium flame till the sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove from flame and let it cool till you prepare the crust.
- Divide the dough into 2 halves and roll each one into a thin roti by dusting some dry flour.
- Make some holes using a fork and cook each roti on stove-top (like how me make roti/tortilla) till the color changes slightly on both sides.
- Then spread the sauce evenly on the roti and place it in the preheated iron skillet and keep the oven in the broiler mode and cook till the crust turns crispy. (Take care not to burn.)
Yummy Whole Wheat Veggie Pizza is ready!
- I used Black oilves, carrots, summer squash for toppings. You can choose any veggies that suit your dosha.