Makes: around 15
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Kala Channa Besan – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Rice flour – 3/4 tbsp
- Mashed Sweet Potato – 1/4 cup (Boiled, peeled and mashed)
- Ajwain – a pinch
- Cilantro – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 + 1/4 tsp
- Ginger paste – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – For shallow frying
- Salt – to taste
- Mix besan, rice flour, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, ajwain, salt, little water and make thick batter (similar to idly batter).
- In a bowl, add mashed sweet potatoes, ginger paste, turmeric powder, cumin powder, cilantro, salt and mix well.
- Heat a paniyaaram pan and add little oil in each mould.
- Make a small, smooth ball out of the sweet potato mixture and dip it in the besan batter.
- Drop these balls in the paniyaram pan and let it cook till it turns golden brown. (Keep rotating the bondas to cook evenly)
Tasty Bondas are ready!
Enjoy this guilt-free snack with any chutney!
- Sweet potatoes might aggravate Kapha but good for Vata and Pitta.