Podi Paniyaaram | A Quick tiffin recipe
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Pesarattu Batter* – 1 cup
- Chutney powder or Sambar powder – 1 tbsp (or to taste)
- Shredded Dry coconut – 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped Curry Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped cilantro – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Mustard Seeds – 1/8 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch (add only if your chutney or sambar powder doesn’t have it)
- Ghee or Oil – 1 tsp + to shallow fry paniyaarams
- Salt – to taste
- Heat a paniyaaram pan and add little oil in each mould.
- Pour a spoonful of batter in each mould and cook in medium flame till the sides look cooked.
- Turn the paniyaarams and drizzle some oil and cook till it turns slightly crispy on both the sides.
- Cool the paniyaaram for a minute and roughly chop it.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- Let the seeds pop and add fennel seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida(optional), curry leaves, turmeric powder, sambar powder and saute in low flame for 30 seconds.
- Then add the chopped paniyaarams,dry coconut, little salt and give it a mix.
- Saute this in medium flame for a minute.
- Remove from flame and garnish it with clantro.
Healthy and Tasty Podi Paniyaaram is ready!
Enjoy this guilt-free dish as an evening snack. Surprise your kids or guests with this quick yummy tiffin.
- You can use plain idli/ dosa batter too instead of pesarattu batter.
- Add salt if you are using sambar powder as sambar powder usually doesn’t have salt in it. Skip if you’re using chutney powder.
- Don’t chop the paniyaarams too small. Just slice each paniyaaram into 4 pieces