Carrot and Beans Poricha Kozhambu | Carrot Beans Sambar without Tamarind or Tomato
Serves – 3
Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Chopped Carrot – 1/4 cup
- Green Beans – 1/4 cup (Cut into 1″ piece)
- Toor dhal or Red lentil – 1/2 cup (Boiled and mashed)
- Sambar powder – 1 tbsp (or to taste)
- Shredded coconut – 1 tbsp
- Thai green chilli – 1
- Fenugreek – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 4
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Grind coconut and green chilli into a fine paste. Mix it with sambar powder and keep it aside.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds. After the mustard seeds splutter, add asafoetida, fenugreek seeds and saute for few seconds.
- Add carrots, beans, little salt, turmeric powder and cook the veggies.
- After the veggies are fully cooked, add the ground paste, boiled toor dhal, salt, water (to get sambar consistency) and let it boil till the raw smell leaves. (for about 2 mins in medium flame)
- Add curry leaves and remove from heat.
Quick and Tasty Carrot and Beans Poricha Kozhambu is Ready!
Serve it hot with plain rice or roti.