Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Garbanzo beans/Chickpeas – 2 cups (boiled)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Amchur – 1/2 tsp
- Ajwain – a pinch
- Hing – a pinch
- White Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Cilantro – 2 tbsp (Finely chopped)
- Salt – To taste
- Soak Garbanzo beans overnight and boil until done.
- Spread the boiled garbanzo beans on a kitchen towel and let it dry.
- Take a mixing bowl and add ajwain, hing, amchur powder, White Pepper powder, turmeric powder, oil, cilantro, salt and mix well.
- Then add the garbanzo beans to the mixture and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Arrange the garbanzo beans in a baking tray (preferably on a parchment paper) and bake for 25-35 mins (or till it turns crispy). My oven took 25 mins totally.
- Check in between and just toss it to get evenly roasted.
- Remove from the oven and let it sit for 3-4 mins before serving.
Crispy Garbanzo beans is ready! This is a tasty and healthy evening snack.
Vata people can avoid this dish as Garbanzo beans is gassy and channel-clogging. Pitta and Kapha can have this occasionally with appropriate dosha pacifying spices.