Ingredients : (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Drumstick – 1 (cut into 3 inch pieces)
- Boiled and mashed Toor dhal – 1/2 cup
- Channa dhal – 1 tbsp
- Dry coconut – 1 tbsp
- Urad dhal – 1 tsp
- Fenugreek – 1/4 tsp
- Black Pepper – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 4
- Corainder seeds – 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Sweet Tamarind Juice – 1/2 cup (Slightly thick)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Dry roast channa dhal, coriander seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves, fenugreek seeds & black pepper.
- Let it cool down and grind it into a fine powder with dry coconut.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds pop, add urad dhal, asafoetida, drumstick, turmeric powder and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add little water and cook covered till the drumstick turns soft.
- Then add the sambar powder to the drumsticks and saute well so that each drumstick piece gets nicely coated with the mixture.
- Add tamarind water,salt and let it boil till the raw smell goes off.
- Add boiled and mashed toor dhal and let it boil for 2 mins in low-medium flame.
- Add curry leaves and remove from heat.
- Serve it hot with plain rice.
Drumstick Sambar is Ready!