Marundhu(Medicine) Rasam(Soup) /மருந்து ரசம்
Marundhu(Medicine) Rasam/மருந்து ரசம்
This rasam can be taken when you have severe cold.
Ingredients: (Visit English – Tamil – Hindi translation/ஆங்கிலம்-தமிழ் மொழி பெயர்பு)
- Toor dhal -1/4 cup(boiled and mashed)
- Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Kandan thippili/Long pepper – 2 pcs
- Arisi Thippili – 2 pcs
- Chukku/Dried Ginger – 1/2 -inch piece
- Tamarind water – 2 cups
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Greated coconut – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cilantro – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Dry roast black pepper, cumin seeds,coriander seeds,kandan thippili, arisi thippili, dry ginger, asafoetida and grated coconut. Roast till it leaves a nice aroma.
- Grind the above roasted items into a fine powder.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp ghee. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Then add the tamarind water, salt and turmeric powder. Let it boil till the raw smell of tamarind goes away.
- Add the ground powder to the boiling tamarind water and stir well.
- Add the (boiled and mashed) toor dhal and again stir well.
- Simmer it for about 3 mins
- Add finely chopped cilantro and remove the rasam from heat.
Marundhu Rasam is ready!
Have it with plain rice or just drink a cup of it. This is a great medicine for cold and cough.